Thursday 28 July 2016

Style Post: Unravelled Crochet Havana Twists

After 3 weeks of using my curly wig, I decided it was time for a new look. So my new protective style is unravelled crochet havana twists. I simply re-used the     Xpression Naomi boom twists I used here. I washed the twists with warm water and shampoo and spread them out to dry before installing them.

crochet havana twists


How I Prepared My Hair:
Prepoo: ORS Replenishing Conditioner + Hairveda Sitrinillah
Shampoo: Creme of Nature Moisture and Shine Shampoo (lathered twice)
Conditioner: Alberto VO5 Sun-kissed Raspberry with Chamomile Balancing Conditioner (Left on for 5 minutes and rinsed out with cold water)
Leave-in Conditioner: Profectiv Megagrowth Daily Leave in Strengthener, sealed with Grapeseed oil.
Air-dried, detangled and applied Cantu  Shea Butter Creamy Lotion for Natural Hair just before braiding up my hair. I also oiled my scalp with my oil mix.

My braid pattern and installation method was just the same as when initially installed the naomi boom twists. The only difference between the hair styles is that I unravelled each twist after installing all.

unravelled Xpression naomi boom

protective hairstyle

I looove eeit! I really do. This style is a keeper. I'm following my usual protective style regimen. It is important to take care of one's hair and not abandon it while underneath/in protective styles. I spray my hair with diluted Lusters' S.curl Curl Activator Moisturizer and oil my scalp once in 2 - 3 days.


Who else loves crochet hairstyles the way I do?

xx,
Bee



The Wash Day Experience

3 comments:

  1. The curl pattern is beautiful. Wish i knew how to instal it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomes, I love the curl pattern too. YouTube videos should help in learning how to install.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post. I installed these recently and loved it. I plan to unravel mine just as you've done but comb them out to have a blow dried/stretched look. Do you think I'll have an issue with tangles?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...