Wednesday 6 April 2016

WashDay Post: Protective Style Prep.

I was amazed by how easy my last washday was. I was sincerely prepared for a tangle nightmare since I was 17 weeks post relaxer touch-up.  But...I was pleasantly surprised.
Here's what I did and what I used.




Pre-poo : I spritzed my hair with water just to dampen it, then I applied HairvolutionbyBee Whipped Shea Butter and I finger detangled. I further detangled each section with a wide-toothed comb. I made about 8 sections and twisted each detangled section up to keep it out of the way. I pre-pooed for about 10 minutes.
     
Cleansing/Washing : I used Creme of Nature Moisture and Shine Sulphate-free Shampoo and lathered twice.

Deep conditioning: I wrapped my hair in a tshirt while I grabbed my Aphogee Keratin Two Minutes Reconstructor. I felt it was time for a protein treatment, especially because I wanted to install a long term protective style. I left the Aphogee Keratin Two Minutes Reconstructor in for about 15 minutes  (with heat). I rinsed it out and I followed with generous amount of V05 Herbal Escapes Free Me Freesia with aloe extract Moisturising Conditioner. I used this rinse out conditioner to restore some moisture after the protein treatment. Although my hair felt quite soft already but safe than sorry. I detangled my hair under running water. I usually do this whenever I have a lot of new growth.

Post-wash care: I used Megagrowth Profectiv Daily Leave-in Strengthener, followed with Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Carrot Growth Serum, detangled and then blow dried on cool setting with the comb attachment of a hand dryer I recently purchased. I'll update you on that later. I did all these working in small sections.

Here's a picture my blow-dried hair.

Blow-dried hair @ 17 weeks post 


It looks like I've retained length, but my ends.... aarrggh... they look awful. I can't wait for texlax day so I can do a proper trim . This was a wonderful washday, despite the fact that I'm 17 weeks post. Happy hair ! Happy Bee!!!
                                     
Can you guess the protective style I installed? Style post coming up next. *winks*

xx, 
Bee



The Wash Day Experience

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations dear. Your hair is really nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great retention chica! My guess at your protective style...Crochet braids? Maybe?

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! And you guessed right!!! Nice. I installed crotchet havana twists. The post is now up.

      Delete
  3. I love the thickness, and the length retained is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...